A surveyor comes to us every Tuesday for new and renewal of COF's (Certificate of Fitness).
THERE ARE 2 OPTIONS FOR GETTING YOUR COF DONE
Drop off your boat in the morning and collect it in the afternoon. We will work with the surveyor on your behalf. An additional service fee of R750 is applicable.
Alternatively you can wait here and attend the COF process with the surveyor.
What must I do to have my boat surveyed?
- Call 021 854 7500 to make an appointment. Specify if you will be using Option 1 or Option 2.
- Download and complete the form** for the Category you wish to have your boat surveyed for and bring it along on the morning for the COF.
- Make sure all the required safety equipment is on the boat and all equipment is marked with your dedicated survey number. You can purchase any new required safety equipment from us as we try to keep full stock on necessary items at all times.
- PLEASE NOTE
If you have purchased a second hand boat and this is the first time you are having it surveyed on your name, also complete the Change of Ownership form** if you haven't done so already.
Which documents must I bring along for the boat survey?
- A copy of your Skippers Licence (preferable) or a copy of your ID.
- Latest COF certificate.
- Buoyancy certificate.
- A copy of your valid ICASA radio licence (only for Categories D, C and B).
- Completed Owners Declaration form**.
- Refer to the Survey Letter for a complete list of safety equipment requirements.
OWNER'S DECLARATION FORMS
DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR ALL OF THESE FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE DOWNLOADS COLUMN.